I am committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using my services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
I may change this policy from time to time and I suggest that you regularly check this page to ensure that you continue to be comfortable with the measures that I am taking to protect your privacy. This policy is updated on 25th May 2018 to comply with the new Data Protection Legislation, GDPR.
By visiting www.sallyoreilly.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation 2018) (the Act), the data controller is Sally O’Reilly, Midleton, Co Cork.
What is my lawful basis for processing?
The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR.
I process your information for the following legitimate business interests:
- To provide you with information you have requested
- To invite you to or change appointments
- To send you billing or receipt information
Information I may collect
You may give me information about you such as name, address and phone number, by filling in forms on my site or by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. I may receive information about you from other sources, such as Google Analytics, or if you use any of the other services I provide, for example commenting on my blog.
With regard to each of your visits to my site, I may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- I keep contact form submissions for a month for customer service purposes, and I do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
- Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of my site.
- Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around my site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way my site works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to my site. This enables us to personalise my content for you and remember your preferences.
Google Analytics Cookies
You can find out more about Google Analytics here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
The internet industry body, the Internet Advertising Bureau, has set up a website to provide information and advice on cookies: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/. Another source which gives information about how to delete and control cookies is http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Uses made of the information
I will use your information:
- to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information and services that you request from me;
- to notify you about changes to my service;
- to administer my site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- Internal record keeping – for example, client hours;
- To operate my business efficiently including financial records;
Disclosure of your information
All my dealings with you and any information that I have about you is confidential except when I may have a legal obligation to share, such as terrorism, money laundering and radicalisation.
Where I store your personal data
The data that I collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to information
You can request access to the personal information that I hold about you. I will provide this except in the limited circumstances in which I am permitted not to. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €10 to meet my costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.
You may request amendments to the personal information I hold about you that is inaccurate or out-of-date. If you request that I delete your personal information, I will do so unless I need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal business purposes.
Complaints, questions, comments are welcome and should be addressed to me at email@example.com